How to Make Yourself Bulletproof – Part Two
In the first part of this post I asked how you start your day.
For you coffee drinkers, I gave you a much better option than your standard cup of coffee. The concoction known as Bulletproof Coffee will help you be alert while maintaining steady energy.
What else can you do to make your self “Bulletproof?” And what do I mean by the term Bulletproof?
What would you do if you could not fail?
You would probably do things you would never try, otherwise. You would most likely lean into life a bit more. You would feel invincible…Bulletproof!
How you begin your day can make the difference between feeling grounded and in control of how you respond to the pressures, obligations and events of the day.
To bring your “A Game” to each day try these simple steps.
- Wake up
- Go to the bathroom
- Start your coffee or tea (If you use a pre-programmed timer, go to the next step)
- Drink 12 ounces of water
- Lie on your back and stretch your arms over your head while making yourself “longer”
- Take 6 deep breaths, being sure to breath deep into your belly, then up into your chest. Exhale slowly.
- While you are exhaling, think, “I am grateful for this day and all the opportunities I will have to serve, learn and grow.”
- Spend 10 minutes in silent meditation, contemplation or prayer. If you want help, use the App, Simply Being, for a guided relaxation program.
- Before you take your shower, write down your top priority task you want to accomplish that day and the time you will have it done.
- End your new morning routine with the statement, “I commit to being the best version of me today.”
Once you have spent the roughly 15 minutes it will take to add this simple, yet powerful routine to your morning, go get your Bulletproof Coffee, take your shower, tell your family you love them and Seize the Day!
Commit to implementing this routine for 30 days straight…weekends included…and see just how Bulletproof you become!